Wednesday, January 14, 2015

completed

Well today is the day.  Exactly one year ago I posted my first entry to this blog.  It has been a fun adventure for me and quite a learning experience.   My goal was to post 3 entries each month.  I did not succeed in that because sometimes, well, life just got in the way.

I like ending each quarter with a post to share trial blocks, works in progress, and general extras.  So here we go...
These are the final three blocks in the Aurifil Block of the Month.

And here is the completed year.
I learned a few things by participating in this but most important is to start a year long project with fabric you love.  (As I've mentioned before - I didn't in this case and it's been a struggle to continue on.)  I will finish this quilt.  The free thread was worth it!


A major highlight for me was attending my first ever sewing retreat!  I went to Camp Stitchalot in November and met new friends and learned some new skills.  Sherri Lynn Wood was there and helped us "get our curve on"!  This was so outside my comfort zone and a total challenge for me.  


Still not sure what I think of it but when my daughter saw it she said it reminded her of Oh, the Places You'll Go.  How perfect is that?

And the icing on the cake was meeting and learning from Carolyn Friedlander.  She inspired us with an amazing trunk show and taught us needle turn applique.  I have some big plans for these strips.  Stay tuned...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment