Wednesday, April 20, 2016

a book!

I participated in the Michael Miller Challenge for Sewtopia again this year .  We each received 6 fat quarters and were able to make ANYTHING we wanted.  Last year I made a quilt, this time I made a book!  I would do a few things differently next time (like maybe look for a tutorial on how to bind the pages) but I'm pretty happy with this first attempt.  The block patterns are all by Lorna McMahon at Sew Fresh Quilts.  The verse is by me.  Enjoy!


A few of the particulars:
  • I used the embroidery function on my sewing machine for the title.
  • Ella's tail is a simple crocheted chain stitch and her ear flaps!
  • All the eyes are buttons from my collection except Ben's which are pieced from MM fabric in my stash.
  • The background for all the animals is Cotton Couture in Candlelight.  
Linking this fun project up with Let's Bee Social of course!  Thank you Lorna for such fantastic and fun patterns.